TRAINING FOR BOARD MEMBERS - October 8
Board attorney with experience in administrative law will discuss statutory authority, rulemaking, and the disciplinary process.
- Mock disciplinary hearing will trace the process from the initial letter of complaint through testimony of witnesses to imposition of sanctions. Attendees will serve as the hearing panel.
- Participants will draft a consent order for unlicensed practice and other violations.
- Ethical situations and dilemmas will be utilized to demonstrate a step-by-step methodology for receiving and reviewing complaints.
Pre-conference Training attendees receive a flash drive containing the contents of the NCSB Reference Manual, including a directory of licensure boards and contact information, characteristics of licensure laws, samples of model legislation and state licensing laws, board examinations, information on the NPDB, hot topics, and much more.
8:00 - 8:30
- Overview and Reference Manual Review
8:30 - 9:45
9:45 - 10:00 BREAK
10:00 - 11:45
- Statutory Authority (continued)
11:45 - 12:45 Lunch
12:45 - 2:15
- Mock Disciplinary Hearing - NCSB Board Members and Audience Members
2:15 - 2:45
- Review of Complaints & Consent Order Activity
2:45 - 3:00 BREAK
3:00 - 5:00
- Putting It Into Practice:
Audience Ethical Situations/Board Dilemmas