28th Annual NCSB Conference
Professional Licensure: The Race for Consumer Protection
October 8-10, 2015
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton at SouthPark
Charlotte, North Carolina
Comments from previous conference attendees:
"Our Board is not the same today as it was 4-5 years ago.
We have been empowered
by the knowledge we have acquired from this conference."
Pre-Conference Workshop - October 8
Training for Board Members
Comments from previous participants:
"After attending this workshop, I better understood my role as a Board Member."
Pre-Conference Workshop/Training for Board Members, Participants will be able to:
- Delineate key components
of laws as well as rules and regulations that govern the practice of
speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Describe elements of the disciplinary process and its application to the professions through participation in a mock hearing.
- Differentiate the
function of professional associations and regulatory boards in the
regulation of the practice of speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Draft a consent order and agreement.
- Engage in the process utilized in examining potential complaints and ethics violations as well as in reporting to the HIPDB.
Conference Session Participants will be able to:
- Analyze considerations in implementing rules governing telepractice related to audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Identify a variety of models for continuing education requirements.
- Discuss encroachment as
reported to state boards, legislative actions that affect regulation,
and ethical considerations in the use of social media.
- Compare rules and
procedures for reinstating licensees from inactive status; addressing
sexual misconduct, and applying disciplinary actions
- Discuss current information related to the Praxis exam.
- Characterize challenges and successes experienced by state boards and staff in regulating the professions.
- Identify current trends regarding the internet sale of hearing aids and the use of support personnel.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Contact Sherry Sancibrian, NCSB Past President, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.