27th Annual NCSB Conference!
Licensure: Lifting to New Heights
Salt Lake City, Utah October 9-11, 2014
Comments from previous conference attendees:
"The conference themes are current and information is covered in-depth. Hearing new perspectives on problems we are dealing with is helpful."
"As always, the state information exchange proves to be informative and useful in adopting other practice patterns."
"It was great getting to hear and interact with other board representatives."
Pre-Conference Workshop Training for Board Members- October 9
Comments from previous participants:
"The training was packed with very relevant and useful information."
"The comprehensive manual is invaluable; loved the mock trial & audience interactions."
"This should be mandatory training for all. Thank you."
"This is my 3rd time attending the training in the last 7 years; each time I learn something new."
Pre-Conference Workshop/Training for Board Members, Participants will be able to:
- Delineate key components of laws as well as rules and regulations that govern the practice of speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Describe elements of the disciplinary process and its application to the professions through participation in a mock hearing.
- Differentiate the function of professional associations and regulatory boards in the regulation of the practice of speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Draft a consent order and agreement.
- Engage in the process utilized in examining potential complaints and ethics violations as well as in reporting to the HIPDB.
Conference Session Participants will be able to:
- Analyze considerations in implementing rules governing telepractice related to audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Identify a variety of models for continuing education requirements.
- Discuss encroachment as reported to state boards, legislative actions that affect regulation, and ethical considerations in the use of social media.
- Compare rules and procedures for reinstating licensees from inactive status; addressing sexual misconduct, and applying disciplinary actions
- Discuss current information related to the Praxis exam.
- Characterize challenges and successes experienced by state boards and staff in regulating the professions.
- Identify current trends regarding the internet sale of hearing aids and the use of support personnel.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Contact Sherry Sancibrian, NCSB Past President, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Keynote Speaker Sponsorship - $1500
- Council Luncheon at Conference - $1,000
- Breakfast for Opening of Conference - $1,000
- Afternoon Break - $500
- Program Sponsor:
- Gold Level - $750
- Silver Level - $500
- Bronze Level - $100